I keep seeing people asking the same old – boring questions. The ones that sound nice – but tend to get most people – nowhere.
- Here’s a great example, “What would you do – if you knew – you could not fail?”
Instead, let’s try on….
- What would you do – if you knew – that you could never truly succeed – in the end?
Here’s why I LOVE that question – and approach to life:
Focusing on doing something “to succeed at it” – for most people – most of the time – – puts their attention in some FANTASY FUTURE. They work hard now, for some future “arrival” or reward.
And they end up working at something – living a mostly CHECKED OUT life – so that SOMEDAY – they will succeed.
Since I don’t care IF I SUCCEED – in the future….
…I get to live more fully RIGHT NOW.
And I get to do – what I love to do…
…Simply because I simply just LOVE DOING IT.
POWER POINT: Almost NOBODY I know, knows what INTRINSIC MOTIVATION is. And those few that do – almost NONE of them – live by it.
- But first, let’s look at how almost EVERYBODY you know – lives their entire lives.
- EXTRINSIC MOTIVATION rules our society. “Do this – for THAT reward.” (Sound familiar?)
Look around, how’s that working out….
Not that good, from what I can tell.
On the other hand…. (What if you were INTRINSICALLY MOTIVATED.)
WHAT IF you lived a life – “doing this because you love doing this”.
I love writing, teaching, coaching, playing, sharing beautiful photos of my world, and inviting people to LIVE LIFE.
- Most people I know who are ACTUALLY INTRINSICALLY MOTIVATED – tend to be VERY SIMILAR to me, in that respect.
And on the other hand, most people I know who are “doing this for THAT PROMISED REWARD” – – well, they aren’t all that happy, or that productive, or that passionate, or that ALIVE.
I want you to be MORE ALIVE than ever, this year, and for the rest of your life.
This article has given you some brilliant beautiful bits on how to do that.
So do the other articles here and on ManToTheMax.
Dive in, dive deep, you are so worth it.
Mr Twenty Twenty and Victoria too